THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

In order to simplify our blogging and to drive more traffic to our website, Dads Inc. has moved this blog and all of our blogging efforts directly to our website. You can now read Dads Ink at http://www.dadsinc.org/dads-ink. We'll see you there!

2.10.2009

BAD BOOK CHOICE


I have been wanting to get the book "The Five Chinese Brothers" by Claire Bishop from the library to read to my oldest son, who is almost 3. It was one of my favorite childhood books, and I thought he would be fascinated by the story.
Well, I found the book. And by about the 8th page, I knew it was a mistake. So not only does a boy drown because the first Chinese brother swallowed the sea but had to spit it back out, then the town attempts to kill each of his identical twins by beheading, burning at the stake, suffocating and drowning. Plus, I'm not really sold that the illustrations (as you can see from the cover art) are totally politically correct. Err, real good book choice, Daddy.
What did our parents let us read?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment